India is a modern developing country…with the same TV show formats like the 80s and 90s.
We don’t blame people who prefer American and British television shows and sitcoms to ours.
1. When we die, we either go to heaven or hell. For characters, coming back from the dead is no big deal.
2. Mythological facts are almost never mythological. Stories are twisted around in a manner that would put historians to shame.
3. Characters almost never age. Even with the four hundred and thirty time leaps that the show takes.
4. There are love triangles between kids. And then we blame FRIENDS and How I Met Your Mother. Really?
5. Someone or the other has to go in coma or suffer heart attacks or atleast have an accident for the show to go on. Because storyline.
6. There has to be a cunning mother in law involved, regardless of the fact that in reality she couldn’t care less.
7. Reality shows are all about abusing and pretending to be badass.
8. Judges will judge anything. No, seriously!
9. Jokes are never funny but everyone laughs.
10. We can never forget the background music and the triple slap scenes. *plate crashes*
11. It starts with revenge and ends in a happy family posing for a picture.